By: Maria D. : April 2020 :
It’s quick. It’s catchy. It’s what helps get you remembered. A tagline encompasses a company’s values, beliefs, and differentiators. It’s also a big part of a company’s brand identity. Often locked with or appearing near a company’s logo, taglines are verbal representations of your business aimed at quickly describing your company or brand. In the end, a tagline is designed to help people associate your business with what it brings to the table to meet their needs.
There’s no definitive right way to write a successful tagline for your business, but there are a handful of things to keep in mind to help in creating one that is memorable and withstands the test of time.
1. K.I.S.S.—Yep! Keep it stupid simple. Be short, concise, clear, and easy to understand. You want your audience to be able to recall your tagline quickly and easily
2. Be unique—A tagline that’s too similar to another brand will get you lost in the shuffle almost immediately. Stand out in the crowd by ensuring you sound distinct and on a level all your own
3. Have fun—spark attention and reinforce retention by being creative and playful. Catchy words/word play are great ways to add a little pizzazz
4. Sell the benefit, not the feature—let your audience know what’s in it for them. If they can’t tell how you will benefit their life/needs, chances are, they’ll look to someone else
5. Be who you really are—say something that captures the essence of who you are, what you stand for, and what you believe in. Be meaningful. Be the real you. Just be you, boo!
A great example (if we do say so ourselves) of a well-rounded tagline that encompasses the touchpoints above is our own. “Sales Smart. Marketing Savvy.” sums up everything that is ST&P. It’s straightforward. It holds its own. It’s catchy. It lets our audience know what we can do for them. And, it’s our mission boiled down to the core. Additionally, it exudes an air of confidence which helps solidify a feeling of trust.
Also, if you’re looking to create the ultimate tagline that best fits your business, it’s a good idea to leave it to the professionals…professionals like ST&P. So, go ahead, give us a call, and let us put our creativity to work for you!